Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesday

Thank you for the comments:

Wow, we have been busy here. The team has been preparing Bible studies for student small groups for the college minstry. We went to a Student Christian Orangization of Malawi (SCOM) meeting last night at a technical college in Lillongwe. Jerome gave his first Sermoin. Esther gave her testimony and several led in singing. We had an amazing time in worship to our King.

Drew finally got his bag today. He has been a trooper. It has helped us share as a group.

One other thing in our adventure. I (Chris) have become the main driver for the team. I am learning to drive on the left side and navigate the bikes, pedestrians and crazy drivers. I enjoy the turnabouts.

Isaac wants me to add the "Dad is a really good driver too."

Our schedule for the weekend will be quite full. More Bible study tomorrow and another SCOM meeting at night. Friday through Sunday possiblly Monday we will be at Salema Technical College by lake Malawi to witness and counsel students as well as share from God's word.

More later....

I am sorry this is brief but I must get back to the team.
Please keep praying
Chris Swiney for the team

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris
I dont know if you are getting these or not but am thrilled at your ministry. I would say "stay busy" but it doesnt sound like you are having any trouble doing that.

Give everyone a hug.

Richard

Randy J. Gauger said...

Chris -
I just wanted you to know that we are praying for you. This is so great to be able to keep up with what is going on in your ministry in Malawi. Tell all you family hello.

Grace & peace,

Randy

Frenchie Smalls said...

Thanks for the update, Chris! These things always help us be more specific in how we pray... which helps me, at least!


"Look to Me, and be saved, all you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. I have sworn by Myself; the word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that to Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall take an oath." -Isaiah 45:22-23

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek." -Romans 1:16


P.S. Tell Alli that her boyfriend says "hi" for me, okay? ;o)

Darrelynn Eichhorst said...

Drew

So glad your luggage finally showed up! We are praying that God will use your team in a mighty way in Malawi. It is exciting to see each day how God is working there.

"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:11

Until they all know,
Darrelynn

lyn said...

Chris and all the Swiney's and Lewis'
Keep up the good work. Even if you can't write all the time, know that you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. We love you all. And I'm glad Isaac added "Dad is a good driver"! love
poppy and gma lyn

Sue said...

Chris -
We are thrilled to hear all that you are doing and seeing! Our prayers are constantly with you all!

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you." Matthew 6:33

God bless each of you!
Sue