Sunday, July 20, 2008

Catching up a bit.

Hey everyone!
This is Micah. Micah Ward. It's my day to blog today. Several days ago (I don't really know when, but it was probably the day after or the day of the day that Esther blogged), we did our second day of Genesis Inductive Bible Study. For many of the SCOM staff, it was the first time that they'd done inductive bible study. If you don't know what that is, ask Chris later because it takes a little while to explain and I don't want to make it too long.

Anyway, I think it was the day of the second day of Bible study, which probably would have been the day before yesterday, we went to another SCOM meeting at the Lilangwe Technical College, which is where Linda graduated from. I don't know if you know who Linda is because I haven't been reading the blogs, but she's Duncan's wife (who, if you don't know, is the SCOM staff person who's kind of gotten stuck taking us everywhere, but we've all been having fun, including him and Linda, so it's been cool). The meeting was good, Danielle and Rachel Main testimonized. Then a teacher from the school spoke. It was good. She talked about Lazarus and Jesus and us.

Yesterday (I think) we went to "The Market" for the first time. "The Market" being the local curio market where you buy carvings and the like. It's pretty cool in the sense that you bargain for everything. Joey and I traded away our shoes for some cool stuff, it was like discovering eBay. All the merchants got to know Chris by name and they all got dissapointed when he showed up because he knew how to bargain. Unfortunately, a guy we talked to today didn't want to trade my shirt for his machete. I was dissapointed. I wanted a machete.

Today (Friday), Kyle and Rachel Keung went up to Mzuzu with a team from the UK that we haven't met yet (except for those 2) but will meet next Wed or Thurs. Rachel Main and Alli went to Salima with Gertrude and Irina (Gertrude is SCOM staff and Irena is kinda like a SCOM intern) and Drew and James went to Zomba with Yotomu (another SCOM staff person). The rest of us will be staying here in Lilongwe and all of everybody will be particapting in and serving at regional SCOM Conferences all accross the country.

Lastly, although it happened a while ago, I just wanted to point out that Joey and I were the only 2 of us non-Malawians that were cool enough to swim in Lake Malawi a while ago when we were in Salima and neither of us got any form of parasite (that we know of) or were eaten by hippos.
Those are all of the important events that I can think of that happened in the last few days, thanks for your continued prayers and comments and stuff. Also if you know me, I haven't been emailing anyone since a while ago because I feel lame using the internet here. So if you've been wondering why I haven't been emailing you, it is probably not because I don't like you.

1 comment:

dclover said...

hey Micah! glad to hear that you don't hate us. i was beginning to wonder. sounds like you are having a great time. we look forward to hearing all about it. you all are in our prayers. have fun at Pilanesburg. i am so jealous. what time are you supposed to get home? we never saw your itinerary so we have no clue! :) be good! love mom