Monday, June 1, 2009

Prayer Request

It has been a good and rough few days. Jacob our #2 son broke his arm on Wednesday. He is in a cast and fine.

Friday at dinner I started having twitches on the right side of my face and by Saturday morning I lost movement on the right side of my face. Well the short of it is that I have come down with Bell's Palsy, a condition that causes the facial muscles to weaken or become paralyzed.

It hasn't helped my looks but little could :) Drinking is a bit of a challenge as well as keeping my eye moist (can't blink or close it completely.)

As you can imagine, it isn't the best timing as we leave tomorrow for Malawi. Saturday morning I was reading Phillipians chapter 3 & 4. 4:12 stood out to me.
4:12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

It seems this is a good opportunity to give God praise and learn about contentment. I do ask that you would pray for healing. My speech has been affected since half of my mouth doesn't work at this point. I would love to be able to speak clearly as I have opportunity to preach God's word in Malawi this summer. God knows what is best so would you seek His good and perfect will for us.

Our journey begins Tuesday June 2 at 12:30pm. Malawi here we come. Praise God!!!
Chris

No comments: